Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Further exploration of WWW possibilities

Today has been quite informative, and I have run headlong into the generation gap. More about that later. I listed "Favorite ways to renew" as my sandbox entry - no problems there. Then I checked out Googledocs. and created a file. Talked with my husband about how he uses this tool in his work, and about how Google might drive Microsoft into oblivion by making these things so user friendly and free. Tried to send the document to this blog, but there was no option for Blogspot as a host and I couldn't figure out what they needed to send it to a unique site.

Then I proceeded to the Web 2.0 awards and encountered the generation gap, using a "Questions and advice" category winner called say-so. One question near the top of the page put out for others' advice was "Do you fart in public?" Enough said.

I also explored the podcast category because I've heard some things about them, using Podshow.com That was OK, but it made me wonder if record (that dates me right there) stores can stay in business since people can listen to clips of music, then download their choice (even as a ringtone on their phone!) without ever leaving the house. No wonder Americans are becoming overweight, with so little motivation to get outside.

I also sneaked a peek at Youtube since I've been hearing about that as well, and then I saw that it is Thing #20, so I'm getting ahead.

No comments: